Day 6 – Griffen Creek
We awoke to -2deg C and snowing skies, the pinaepple missed us! Since it was quite stormy we opted to stick close to the hut and ski the trees up Griffen creek. We found good stability and snow.
- Trip preparation page (link may change each year)
- British Columbia’s Ministry of Environment official web-page for Kokanee Glacier Provincial Park Kootenay Rockies webpage on Kokanee Glacier Provincial Park with summer routes and activities primarily described.
- Alpine Club of Canada’s webpage on the Kokanee Glacier chalet.
- Snow forcast for Whitewater and SpotWX click on the area at Kokanee Glacier
- Our previous trips in 2007, 2008 and 2015
- 1:250 scale map of Kokanee area
- 1:50 scale map of Kokanee area - east map; west map
- 1:20 scale TRIM data map (best for navigation imo)
- For navigation I use PDF Maps on my phone and you can download my KML file here for reference
View Across to the three drainages near the cabin.
Braving the elements
Worth it for the pow!
Back at the cabin Mo from Mo’s Mountain Cuisine Call her if you need a cook for your week in the backcountry!
Beef Dinner, yum!
And she made a cake for Jen’s Birthday!
Google Earth Image